Summer Steak Salad
From the kitchen of Katie Sue Cooper, this salad is one of our favorites. Topped with a delicious, ranch raised steak, it is the perfect ending to a warm summer day.
Makes: 5-6 servings
- Ranch Wives’Top Sirloin Steak
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach
- 1 bunch of pea shoots
- 3 garlic scapes
- corn bread, for topping
- shaved cheese, for topping (parmesan, asiago & romano pair nicely)
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil (or similar cooking oil such as olive oil or avacodo oil)
- 1 TBS BBQ sauce
- 1 TBS water
- 1 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBS ranch dressing
- Preheat grill. Generously salt & pepper steak. Grill steak to liking then let rest while preparing the salad.
- In a large bowl, tear spinach and pea shoots. Dice garlic scapes (do not use bulb) and add to bowl.
- Whisk together salad dressing: grape seed oil, BBQ sauce, water, balsamic vinegar and ranch dressing.
- Add dressing to salad and toss to coat all greens.
- Thinly slice steak (against the grain).
- Plate salad and top with steak, corn bread cubes and sprinkle with cheese.